(LOS ANGELES, Jan. 18, 2012) – Buying a new car is certainly stressful, but being armed with AAA’s new Auto Buying Tools app can make the process a lot easier. Available on the Apple iPhone, AAA’s new Auto Buying Tools app gives consumers the ability to modify car details in real-time and refresh pricing data on the show room floor.
“This new tool will give consumers the confidence and information they need to make an educated decision when buying a car,” says the Automobile Club of Southern California’s Car Buying Service Manager Dave Cavano. “AAA wants to insure its members are prepared and knowledgeable about available member benefits when making such an important decision.”
With AAA’s Auto Buying Tools app, prospective buyers can build the car they want, including options and available incentives, while viewing average market pricing, crash safety ratings, images and much more.
Key features of the AAA Auto Buying Tools App:
- Search new cars by make/model, style and list price (MSRP)
- Build your ideal car, down to color and trim
- Features, specs, and crash safety ratings
- Members can submit a request to AAA Car Buying Services
- VIN number entry for quick, exact specifications
- Save searches and cars to favorites
- Share car details on Facebook, Twitter or email
- Compare two customized vehicles
AAA’s Auto Buying Tools app is the fifth from AAA and is available for free from the iTunes App Store. Please visit AAA.com/mobile for further details. The other AAA apps include:
- AAA Insurance app provides AAA’s recommended steps on what to do immediately after a traffic collision and helps you gather important information about the crash needed to submit an insurance claim.
- AAA TripTik Mobile is a GPS-based app with maps showing gas station locations and pricing along with points of interest, such as AAA-rated hotels, restaurants and attractions, near a user’s location or any user-specified location.
- AAA Discounts app, with more than a million downloads, also uses GPS technology to display nearby AAA Show Your Card & Save locations.
- AAA Roadside enables AAA members who require roadside assistance to send their vehicle description, location and breakdown details directly to the Auto Club.
Devices such as smartphones with mobile applications are valuable tools before a vehicle is in motion; however, they greatly increase motorist distractions when used while driving. Distracted driving can have deadly consequences. AAA urges motorists to minimize distractions behind the wheel by not using wireless devices, such as cell phones with mobile applications, while driving.