Travelers can learn how to create the best photo memories, pack like a pro and keep off the vacation weight during the Automobile Club of Southern California’s Travel Show on Saturday, Oct. 13 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Auto Club’s Administrative Offices, 3333 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa.
Admission is free, and the show is open to both Auto Club members and non-members.
The AAA Travel Show will feature nearly two dozen tour, cruise and other travel providers, as well as experienced and knowledgeable AAA Travel agents. Consumers who book their trips at the show will receive special showtime offers, as well as discounts, upgrades or credits on their travel. Auto Club members qualify for additional member benefits on select travel packages.
Westways experts will be on hand to provide unique travel tips and ideas. Presentations include:
- Travel Photo Tips - Westways Creative Director Eric Van Eyke, Assistant Art Director Lori Anderson, and Art Director Catherine Cobb share their expertise on:
- How to create better photos when you travel
- What kinds of equipment you should take
- When to find the best light
- How take great photos with your smart phone
- Secrets of the National Parks - Westways contributor Robert Earle Howells, a co-author of Secrets of the National Parks published by National Geographic, will provide tips on the best ways to visit and great things for kids to do.
- Cruise Like a Pro - WestwaysTravelSmart columnists Paul Lasley and Elizabeth Harryman show you:
- How to pack for a cruise with only carry-on luggage
- How to stay safe at sea
- How to eat well without gaining weight
- How to get the most value from your cruise
- An Olympic-Sized Vacation in Great Britain – Westways TravelSmart columnist Paul Lasley will discuss how to walk in the athletes’ footsteps by visiting places that were Olympics venues—such as Wimbledon and Wembley Stadium.
- Pick Your Paradise: Hawaii vs. The Caribbean – Paul and Elizabeth will interview Al Bonowitz, editor in chief of AAA Hawai‘i magazine and Caribbean experts and Westways contributors Geoff and Michael Edwards.
More information about the travel show is available at Auto Club branches and on the Auto Club’s website.