AAA members will enjoy a night just for them at discount prices during the eighth annual Six Flags Magic Mountain AAA Member Exclusive Night on Friday, May 11.
By pre-purchasing tickets online at AAA.com/SixFlags, members can spend all day May 11 at the park and then stay for the private AAA event taking place from 6 p.m. to midnight after the park closes to the public. AAA member ticket prices for the event are $39 per person for park admission (a savings of more than 50 percent off the regular gate price) from 10:30 a.m. to midnight on May 6, and $52 per person for park admission plus an all-you-can-eat buffet dinner taking place from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Parking is free after 5 p.m. (a $20 value).
Those who buy the ticket with the buffet dinner option by April 30 will also receive a free Hurricane Harbor ticket ($43.99 value) for use in September 2018.
The all-you-can-eat buffet includes chili cheese dogs, chicken strips with barbecue sauce, baked beans, corn, tossed green salad, potato chips, rolls, Popsicles, cookies and cream ice cream bars and unlimited Coke product soft drinks.
The park is located off Interstate 5 at 26101 Magic Mountain Parkway.
This year, members have an exciting added benefit of experiencing the park’s newest attraction, Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. Riders join members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE™ Reserve Team in a multi-sensory four-minute game experience facing wind, fire, fog and special effects as they battle alongside iconic DC Super Heroes, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Cyborg and Green Lantern to save the city of Metropolis from Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen. Also wreaking havoc is Harley Quinn, The Joker’s favorite sidekick.
“The AAA Member Exclusive Night has become an annual event eagerly anticipated by many of our members,” said Jon Carlew, the Auto Club’s manager of AAA Discounts. “Six Flags offers AAA discounts every day at all its theme parks throughout the U.S., but the Member Exclusive Night goes above and beyond to provide an exclusive experience to attendees.”
Auto Club members can buy discounted Six Flags tickets for any day of the year at AAA.com/SixFlags. A one-day discounted admission to Six Flags Magic Mountain is $53.13 for AAA members pre-paying online (plus $5.99 processing fee per order). AAA members can also show their card at the front gate to get $5 off the Six Flags Magic Mountain general admission price of $84.99.
In addition to the ticket discounts, Auto Club members can save 10 percent off merchandise purchases of $15 or more at selected stores inside any Six Flags park.
The Auto Club is hosting a contest related to the Six Flags AAA Member Night on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Below are the rules for the contest:
"Six Flags AAA Member Night" Social Media Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The "Six Flags AAA Member Night" Social Media Sweepstakes (hereafter, the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of any of the following counties in Southern California: Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Los Angeles, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Tulare and Ventura who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry (each, an “entrant”). Employees, officers, and directors of the Automobile Club of Southern California (“Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries and affiliated AAA motor clubs, and members of their respective immediate families (spouse, parent, child, dependent, and sibling, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside of California and where prohibited. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- How to Enter: Do any of the following between 12:01 am PT April 16, 2018 and 11:59:59 pm PT April 30, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”) (each, a “Submission”):
- Comment on Sponsor’s post about the Sweepstakes on Sponsor’s “Six Flags AAA Member Night” Facebook Event Page (https://www.facebook.com/events/219913238562591/) (the “Facebook Event Post”);
- Comment on Sponsor’s post about the Sweepstakes on Sponsor’s Twitter page (twitter.com/AAASoCal) (the “Sponsor Twitter Post”); or
- Comment on Sponsor’s picture about the Sweepstakes on Sponsor’s Instagram page (Instagram.com/AAASoCal) (the “Sponsor Instagram Post”).
- Entries must be submitted via the Facebook Event Post, the Sponsor Instagram Post, or the Sponsor Twitter Post as described above; no other method of entry is available. Sponsor must be tagged in the Submission.
- All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm PT on April 30, 2018. Sponsor’s computer shall serve as the official timekeeper. Entries received after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Entry Period will not be eligible for the drawing. Automated entries and entry via third party services are prohibited.
- Limit one entry per person: Only one entry total is allowed per person. Attempting to submit multiple entries using more than one of the covered social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) is a violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple or different email addresses, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter (as applicable) accounts (“Social Media Accounts”), identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by an entrant’s online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by an entrant’s phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device.
- Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Social Media Account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, and such decision shall be final and binding. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned a Social Media Account by the issuing organization responsible for assigning Social Media Accounts. Potential prize winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive Social Media Account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Entrant’s social media profiles must be keeping with Sponsor’s image or such entrant may be disqualified. Entrants must be available to attend the “Six Flags AAA Member Night” on May 11, 2018.
- NOTE: Entries made in any manner inconsistent with these Official Rules, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Sweepstakes.
- PROHIBITED CONTENT: Submissions may not:
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights;
- Contain material that is violent, inappropriate, depicts nudity or is indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contain material that promotes any illegal activities or any other activity that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Contain material that promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in California or in any state where it was created;
- Contain any materials relating to lotteries, gambling, tobacco, alcohol, drugs, firearms/weapons, or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous.
- Contain material that defames, libels, misrepresents or is negative about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical "samples") without permission;
- Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than entrant(s), without permission, or otherwise constitute an invasion of privacy or publicity rights;
- Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; or
- Constitute in itself, a violation of law.
- WHEN CREATING A SUBMISSION, ENTRANTS SHOULD NOT, AND MAY NOT (A) PUT THEMSELVES OR ANY OTHER PERSONS, WHETHER APPEARING IN ENTRANT’S SUBMISSION OR NOT, IN DANGER OF ACTUAL BODILY INJURY OR DEATH, OR (B) VIOLATE LAW. ANY SUBMISSION THAT, IN THE JUDGMENT OF SPONSOR, VIOLATES EITHER PROHIBITION IN THE FOREGOING SENTENCE SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED. By providing a Submission, each entrant grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the Submission in any way, in whole or in part, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without further consideration or notice to the entrant. Providing any Submission further constitutes the entrant’s assignment and transfer to the Sponsor of any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the Submission, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights. The right to submit or use a video included in any Submission must not be restricted in any way. By providing a Submission the entrant warrants and represents that it: (a) is their original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that they have obtained permission from any person whose name, likeness or voice is used in the Submission, and (f) that publication of the Submission via various media including web posting, will not infringe on the rights any third party rights. Any such entrant, or his/her parent(s) or guardian(s) having financial responsibility for such entrant, will indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Six Flags Parks, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter from any claims to the contrary. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing paragraph, during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, selected Submissions may be posted at Sponsor’s sole discretion, in whole or in part, on its website, www.AAA.com (the “Website”) or on Sponsor’s Facebook Page. Such postings, if they occur, may be on a rotating or occasional basis and may be discontinued at any time at Sponsor’s sole discretion. POSTING OF A SUBMISSION OR PORTION THEREOF DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD IS NOT MEANT TO INDICATE THAT THE SUBMISSION IS A POTENTIAL FINALIST OR A POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THAT THE SUBMISSION IS OTHERWISE FAVORED IN ANY WAY. Such postings will occur, if at all, solely for illustrative purposes. SUBMISSIONS ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. By providing a Submission, each entrant agrees that his/her Submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation and that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to any entrant. Each entrant acknowledges that, by acceptance of his/her Submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than such entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to remove, reject or disqualify (along with the entrants who submitted them) any Submissions which, in its opinion or the opinion of a judging panel or the Sponsor, violate any of these Official Rules or are otherwise inappropriate for inclusion on Sponsor’s Facebook Page. Sponsor further reserves the right to remove and disqualify (along with the entrant who submitted it) any Submission if Sponsor determines, after the Submission has been posted, that the entrant has violated these Official Rules or the policies, terms or conditions of Sponsor’s Facebook Page in any way.
- Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”): One (1) Grand Prize consisting of:
One (1) VIP Tour Package for Four to Six Flags Magic Mountain Theme Park during the “Six Flags AAA Member Night” from 6:00 pm PT until 11:59 pm PT on May 11, 2018 (the “Event”). The Grand Prize includes one parking pass on the day of the Event, park admission to Six Flags Magic Mountain for four (4) during the Event, a Tour Guide and front-of-the-line access to all rides (except pay for rides). Prize is only valid during the Event. The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of $1,399.96.
The Grand Prize will be provided in the form of a certificate which will be mailed to the prize winner by Sponsor at the address provided by the prize winner in the Affidavit and Release. A Six Flags tour guide will contact the prize winner prior to the event to obtain arrival time information. Sponsor will not replace a lost or stolen certificate. See terms and conditions below.
- General Grand Prize Conditions:
- Grand Prize is nontransferable, nonrefundable, not redeemable for cash, and may not be sold. This offer is non-refundable and non-transferable to any other service at Sponsor or Six Flags Parks. Certain additional restrictions may apply. No cash or other prize substitution is allowed, except by the Sponsor, in whole or in part, due to unavailability of the featured Grand Prize.
- All applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the prize winner, including, without limitation, ground transportation, meals, souvenirs and gratuities. An individual W-9 must be submitted and Form 1099-MISC will be issued to the prize winner.
- The Grand Prize is being awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- In the event the “Six Flags AAA Member Night” is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, Sponsor may award a prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize must take place on May 11, 2018 or the Grand Prize will be forfeited.
- Winner Selection and Notification: All entries from eligible entrants from each of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will be combined into a single group of entries, and one prize winner will be chosen in a random drawing by employees of Sponsor. The result of the random drawing is final and binding on all matters relating to the selection of the potential prize winner. The potential prize winner will be contacted through the Social Media platform through which such potential winner entered via direct message from a representative of Sponsor to such potential winner’s comment on or around May 1, 2018. A potential prize winner will have 24 hours to respond to the outreach by Sponsor’s representative as described in such outreach to verify the potential win. The potential prize winner will then be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor via email an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Affidavit and Release”) for any photos/videos for Club use of the prize winner(s) within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified by Sponsor. If applicable, guests accompanying the prize winner will be required to sign and return a release of liability/ publicity release (the “Liability/Publicity Release”) before or at the Event. If any guest of a potential prize winner is a minor at the time of redemption of the Grand Prize, he/she must be accompanied to the Event by his or her parent or legal guardian who must sign and return the Liability/Publicity Release before or at the Event. Failure to timely return documents or return of prize notification or prize as undeliverable will cause the Grand Prize to be forfeited, in which event, Sponsor will select another potential prize winner, subject to verification as provided herein. Sponsor shall not be required to attempt to award the Grand Prize more than three (3) times. The prize winner be announced on all Sponsor Social Media Platforms where the Sweepstakes was promoted or mentioned on or around May 11, 2018.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by 11:59:59 pm PT on April 30, 2018.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND ADDITIONAL TERMS: By participating, each entrant agrees a.) to abide by these Official Rules, and the decisions of the Sponsor, as applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b.) to release, discharge and hold harmless each member of the Sponsor, Six Flags Parks, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, members, owners, partners, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively "Releasees"), from all liability claims or damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of the entrant's or the entrant's guest’s participation in the Sweepstakes and their acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, c.) to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any third party claim arising from the breach by such entrant of any of his/her obligations, representations or warranties under these Official Rules and d.) by acceptance and use of any part of any prize, to the use of their names, photos, and/or likenesses for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation and, upon request, will provide written consent to such use. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE PRIZE WINNER AND ANY GUESTS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED, OR ALLEGEDLY CAUSED, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Releasees are not responsible for: incomplete entries or communications; or other errors or problems of any kind whether technical, mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; for lost, late, incomplete, or damaged entries; or for printing or typographical errors appearing in these Official Rules, the announcement of the prize winner and prizes, or in any other Sweepstakes materials. By participating, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entries made by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. THE RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL, ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
- Governing Law: Consent to Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the state of California without regard for choice of laws or conflicts of laws principles. Any and all disputes or claims arising out of or connected in any way with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the AAA. The arbitration shall be held in Orange County, California. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only entrant’s and/or the Sponsor’s or Six Flags Parks’ individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; provided, however, that if this sentence is declared invalid or unenforceable, either in whole or in part, the remaining sentences of this Section shall remain in full force and effect. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special, consequential, incidental, exemplary, punitive or other similar damages against the Sponsor or Six Flags Parks. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein, except that any such invalid or illegal provision shall be enforced to the greatest extent permitted by law. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, the Sponsor or Six Flags Parks may seek to obtain injunctive relief against an entrant for the breach or threatened breach of these Official Rules, without posting bond, in addition to any other remedies in law or equity, which may be available to the Sponsor or Six Flags Parks, in any of the federal or state courts located in Orange County, California. Each entrant consents to jurisdiction and venue in the federal or state courts located in Orange County, California for the purposes set forth above and/or to confirm any award obtained by the Sponsor or Six Flags Parks in arbitration.
- ENTRANTS FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
1542. CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
- Miscellaneous: If this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to any cause or for any reason, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who it believes has tampered with the entry process (and void his/her entry), and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and in the event of cancellation or termination, at its discretion, select the Finalists from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation or termination and to select the prize winner using the procedure outlined above. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER.
- Winners List: A winners list will be available upon request once the Grand Prize is announced and the prize winner is verified. Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 3333 Fairview Road, A105, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, Attention: Jesse McCarl. Requests must be received by no later than ninety (90) days after May 11, 2018.
- Sponsor and Administrator: Automobile Club of Southern California, Incorporated, 3333 Fairview Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92707. Copyright © 2018 Automobile Club of Southern California, Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.