The new year represents a fresh start for many people looking to improve their lives. The Automobile Club of Southern California offers several benefits and discounts to help members transform New Year’s resolutions from ideas into reality.
“Study after study shows that achieving goals you set for yourself is one of the best ways to improve your quality of life and happiness,” said Jon Carlew, the Auto Club's discounts manager. “With that in mind, the Auto Club is always working to make sure that its discounts and benefits offer value to members that will help them achieve their goals.”
Westways magazine has a list of a few apps that can help New Year’s resolutions succeed. And here are a few ways the Auto Club can help with the most popular New Year’s resolutions:
- AAA members receive up to 25 percent off monthly dues at 24 Hour Fitness
- Gear up for working out at Reebok/Rockport Outlet Stores, which offer 30 percent discounts to members, and at Gap Outlet Stores, which offer a 10 percent member discount. Or shop online at AAA.com/Discounts to save at hundreds of online retail outlets.
- The AAA prescription discount card provides savings on hundreds of prescribed medications not covered by insurance.
- Need new glasses? AAA members get discounts at LensCrafters, Sears Optical and Target Optical
- Shop online at AAA.com/discounts and earn points that can be redeemed for future purchases at online retailers like The Container Store or Stacks and Stacks, which can help you reorganize closets, storage areas and offices.
- Remodeling your home this year to add space and storage? Get peace of mind about the contractor you hire with the Auto Club’s new Home Improvement Repair Network, which pre-screens home repair and construction professionals throughout Southern California.
- Are you ready for the next Big One? In California, it’s a question of when, not if, the next big earthquake will strike. Quake Kare specializes in emergency preparedness supplies for all types of disasters, and members receive $10 off orders of $100 or more. Also, as of Jan. 1, members who insure their single-family home through the Auto Club can now receive a discount of up to 7 percent on their policies if they also purchase or renew a California Earthquake Authority insurance policy.
Get Financially Fit
- Tax season starts not long after the holidays. AAA members receive up to $20 off TurboTax online tax filing software for federal tax returns.
- Don’t ever miss another AAA discount while shopping. Download the free AAA app on your smartphone to see where you can show your card and save near you.
- Identity theft continues to grow as criminals find more ways to access personal information and obtain credit cards in the names of victims. Those who have experienced ID theft know it can take months or years to untangle the mess and restore ruined credit. AAA members get 40 percent off ProtectMyID Deluxe, an Experian service that provides comprehensive daily monitoring of credit reports and instantly alerts potential ID theft victims. The service also can monitor minor children’s identities for signs of ID theft.
Tick Items Off Your “Bucket List”
- If 2014 is the year you can afford to take your dream vacation, the Auto Club can help ensure that it’s everything you expect and more. AAA Travel experts offer a wealth of experience and access to the highest quality travel providers in the world, along with special benefits for AAA members. Visit your local AAA branch or AAA.com/travel to learn more.
- Whether you’re a roller-coaster fanatic or fine art enthusiast, Auto Club attraction discounts can help you enjoy more of your passion more affordably. AAA sells discount tickets to most major Southern California amusement parks in AAA branches (AAA.com/tickets has more information), and museums and live shows such as Cirque du Soleil also offer AAA discounts.
- Finally buying the car of your dreams is more affordable with an Auto Club membership. The AAA Car Buying Service gives you access to exclusive pre-negotiated prices on almost any make or model of car you want – new or used. Visit AAA.com/carbuying for more information.