The Automobile Club of Southern California’s Diamond rating inspectors selected their list of hotel restaurants and tea houses for sons, daughters and husbands wishing to express their thanks and appreciation to Mom by dining out this Mother’s Day weekend.
Auto Club hotel inspectors used the AAA Diamond rating criteria of overall food, service, and ambiance offered by the dining establishments, as well as their experiences inspecting restaurants, to create a list for those seeking a special brunch or tea outing for their mother, mother-in-law, spouse or significant other.
“This list was created knowing that mothers do it all, all year long,” said AAA Approved Accommodations Supervisor Patricia Marenco. “Some of our dining selections have spectacular settings for mothers to enjoy and some are great for a relaxing tea. The inspectors provided selections in the AAA two-to-five Diamond range to fit a variety of budgets.”
The Auto Club Diamond rating restaurant inspectors’ dining and tea recommendations for Mother’s Day weekend are:
- Four Seasons Resort the Biltmore – Santa Barbara - This tearoom at the Spanish mission-style hotel offers sweeping views of the ocean with finger sandwiches, fresh-baked scones and miniature pastries. Indian and green teas, China’s black teas and herbal teas served in beautiful china. AAA Five Diamond rated.
- Four Seasons Hotel – Westlake Village – Sit-down fine dining brunch overlooking water and grounds. A well-deserved day off for those who enjoy being pampered. AAA Five Diamond rated.
- Hotel Bel Air – Los Angeles - Historical and rich in Hollywood history, brunch is a three-course menu including a dessert station for Mother’s Day. Afternoon tea served Friday and Saturday. Teas include white, green, oolong, black and herb. AAA Four Diamond rated.
- Mill Creek Manor – Big Bear Lake - Take time out to recharge in a gracious atmosphere. A hidden gem with traditional English or high tea available. Bring or borrow a hat to wear in this charming tea room. AAA Two Diamond rated.
- Montage Beverly Hills – Serene tea service on hand-painted china with soothing music. Ornate fireplace focal point of room. Also serving Mother’s Day brunch, and rooftop poolside lunch in separate dining area/gardens. AAA Five Diamond rated.
- The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows – Known as the “pink palace,” the legendary 100-year-old hotel will feature a champagne brunch for Mother’s Day that includes a children’s menu with a “top your own cupcake” dessert course. There’s also afternoon tea six days a week in the iconic Polo Lounge. AAA Five Diamond rated.
- The Grand del Mar – San Diego - This buffet features a selection of favorites for the whole family. At a separate tea sitting, guests can enjoy quality time savoring classic finger sandwiches, scones and a selection of petite pastries from éclairs to shortbreads. AAA Five Diamond rated.
- The Peninsula in Beverly Hills – The Belvedere will offer a three-course Mother’s Day menu. Separate afternoon tea featuring a classical harpist and a choice of 30 loose leaf teas. AAA Five Diamond rated.
- The Resort at Pelican Hill – Take in spectacular ocean views of Newport Coast in Mar Vista’s grand ballroom. Children’s activities available and mothers receive a complimentary gift. AAA Five Diamond rated.
- The Tea House on Los Rios – San Juan Capistrano – Personalized service in a charming south Orange County setting. AAA Two Diamond rated.
- The Westgate Hotel – San Diego – Champagne Brunch offering fresh seafood, omelets, carving stations and decadent desserts. Separate Mother and Daughter tea available this weekend. AAA Four Diamond rated.
- Westlake Village Inn – Westlake Village – Outstanding Mother’s Day brunch. Beautiful room with gourmet food stations. Inside seating choice with picturesque waterfalls and gardens and outside seating choice is on the covered patio overlooking the lake and grounds where you can watch crane, and baby ducks and rabbits playing on the grass. AAA Four Diamond rated.
AAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotel and restaurant listings can be found in the downloadable eTourBook® guides and AAA Mobile® app for tablets and smartphones, the TripTik® Travel Planner and Travel Guides on AAA.com, and AAA TourBook® guides available at AAA and CAA offices. Travelers can access information about AAA inspections and Diamond Ratings at AAA.com/Diamonds.