Fire Alert: Auto Club-Insured Members Can Call Claims Center For Help And Service

Insurance & Consumer Tips
Firefighter at Mission Hills Fire
Photo Copyright Chris Yarzab

Those who have homes and vehicles lost or damaged by the Hill and Woolsey fires in Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and who are insured through the Automobile Club of Southern California’s affiliated Interinsurance Exchange, can call 1-800-67-CLAIM (1-800-672-5246) for assistance.

“During a catastrophic event such as this fire, we want our insured members to know they can contact us immediately if they need our assistance,” said Claudia Rodriguez, the Auto Club’s vice president for insurance claims.

Here are answers to some frequently asked questions regarding evacuations:

Question: How can I find real-time information on road closures?

Answer: For up-to-date information on road closures, visit the California Department of Transportation online or call 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).

Question: Where can I find the most recent information about emergency shelters?

Answer: If you are in need of emergency shelter, water, or food, please call 1-800-REDCROSS (733-2767), visit the Red Cross Ventura County or Red Cross Los Angeles Region chapter online, or find your local Red Cross chapter online.

Question: I'm having trouble finding a hotel with availability; what can I do?

Answer: If you need help finding a hotel, call our reservations number at 1-877-222-1020 or use the Auto Club’s online travel booking service. Auto Club travel agents have access to the most up-to-date information on hotel availability and can assist you immediately.

Question: I want to let my family know I'm safe, but I'm having a hard time getting in touch with them. What can I do?

Answer: People affected by the wildfires are encouraged to register themselves on the Red Cross Safe and Well Website. People without access to a computer or without electricity or connectivity can call 1-800-REDCROSS (733-2767) for help registering, or to register a loved one on their behalf.

Question: I am concerned about the safety of friends and family members who have been evacuated. What can I do?

Answer: Family members and friends can log on to the Red Cross Safe and Well Website and search for registered individuals to learn of their whereabouts and status.


Here are answers to frequently asked questions regarding Auto Club insurance claims:

Question: What do I need to do to file a claim?

Answer: To get the process started all you need to do is to call our Claims Department at 1-800-67-CLAIM or 1-800-672-5246.

Question: I don’t have my policy number. I left it at home. Is that going to be a problem?

Answer: Don’t worry about providing your policy number. All we need to get started is the address of the insured property and your phone number.

Media Contacts

Jeffrey Spring
(714) 885-2333
Marie Montgomery
(714) 885-2333