The year is off to a fast start and Valentine’s Day is now just days away. The Automobile Club of Southern California’s Diamond rating restaurant inspectors have named their list of 10 romantic dining spots for those wishing to impress dates, spouses or significant others this year.
Auto Club inspectors used the AAA Diamond rating criteria of overall food, service, and ambiance offered by the dining establishments as well as their experiences inspecting restaurants to create a short list for those newly-smitten or those comfortably settled with their Valentines.
“We’re lucky we have so many dining options in Southern California that are romantic and meet AAA standards for décor, professional service and cuisine,” said AAA Approved Accommodations Supervisor Patricia Marenco. “Romantic settings and good food go together and our inspectors offer their selections in the AAA two-to-five Diamond range. The 2013 picks also would be worthwhile locations for suitors to pop the question on the most romantic day of the year.”
The Auto Club Diamond rating restaurant inspectors’ top 10 romantic dining destinations for 2013 are:
- Addison – San Diego – Swoon-worthy dining location inside the Grand Del Mar resort. Meticulous service and tasting menu. AAA Five Diamond-rated.
- Bertrand at Mr. A’s – Downtown San Diego – Spectacular views and pampered service to toast a sunset on Cupid’s evening. AAA Four Diamond-rated.
- Café Luna – Rancho Bernardo – Handmade Italian dishes prepared fresh daily for couples to share. AAA Three Diamond-rated.
- Engine Company No. 28 – Los Angeles – Historic landmark. Inside restaurant, much of original architecture survives -- the red brick flooring, 18-foot pressed tin ceilings and near the entrance, the elegant mahogany cabinetry that once housed the emergency alarm system. AAA Three Diamond-rated.
- Jillian’s – PalmDesert – Four dining rooms decorated with fine antiques, fresh flowers and a superb art collection. AAA Three Diamond-rated.
- Le Vallauris – Palm Springs – Restored historical landmark with ambiance of a French relative’s home. AAA Four Diamond-rated.
- Ocean View Bar & Grill – Laguna Beach – Located in historic Hotel Laguna, ocean views of the coastline stream in from every window. Beach casual. AAA Three Diamond-rated.
- Stella Mare’s – Santa Barbara – Popular destination with two locations featuring intimate rooms. AAA Three Diamond-rated.
- Wine Cask – Santa Barbara – Cozy atmosphere with a majestic fireplace and historic vaulted wood beam ceiling with gold leaf. This is a local food and wine landmark noted for its deep community roots and is a stylish sensory experience. AAA Three Diamond-rated.
- The Tea House on Los Rios – San Juan Capistrano – Personalized service in a charming setting. AAA Two-Diamond rated.
AAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotel and restaurant listings can be found in the downloadable eTourBook® guides and AAA Mobile® app for tablets and smartphones, the TripTik® Travel Planner and Travel Guides on AAA.com, and AAA TourBook® guides available at AAA and CAA offices. Travelers can access information about AAA inspections and Diamond Ratings at AAA.com/Diamonds.