- Always lock your vehicle with the windows closed. Never leave valuables inside the car, especially not in clear view, including small electronics, wallets, check books, credit cards, personal paperwork or any personal identification.
- Bring your electronics and personal items into your home or office with you whenever possible.
- Use anti-theft or automatic tracking devices. If your vehicle wasn’t equipped with an alarm or hidden tracking device when purchased, have one installed.
- Never leave your keys in your vehicle, even at a gas station.
- Park your vehicle in a well-lit area at night. Don’t leave your vehicle in a high-crime area.
- Never hide a spare ignition key in your vehicle. Remove keys from under floor mats, sun visor, etc.
- Whenever possible, park your vehicle in a secure garage.
- Never leave the vehicle running at any time when you’re not in it. This includes your driveway, while picking up friends, or while at a gas station, grocery store, or shopping mall.