(LOS ANGELES – Aug. 19, 2011) –Preparing students for the school year can be very costly, but smart shoppers can take advantage of AAA discounts to save on everything from computers and dorm room dcor to clothing and prescription eyeglasses.
According to the National Retail Federation families with children in grades K-12 will spend an average of $603.63 on apparel, school supplies and electronics, while college students and their parents will spend $808.7
“Getting ready for the new school year can put a strain on household budgets,” said Denise Bialek, manager of the Auto Club’s AAA Discounts program. “AAA is pleased to offer its members many great ways to save on everything needed for a successful academic year.”
Last year, members saved nearly $2 billion by taking advantage of AAA discounts including those available through the Show Your Card & Save program. AAA’s Show Your Card & Save program is one of the largest member discount program in the world offering more than 164,000 locations for savings worldwide including 110,000 retail locations in North America and popular online retailers. Visit AAA.com/discounts
for a complete list of retailers and offers.
AAA members can save on back-to-school shopping at many retailers including:
- Gap Outlet and Banana Republic Factory Outlet Stores: 10 percent off purchases
- Barnes & Noble.com: 10 percent off and free shipping on qualifying orders of $25 or more
- DELL: Up to 10, 20,30 percent or more on select items
- Sprint: 10% off monthly service plan and waived activation fee on all new line activations on select plans.
- Shoes.com: 20 percent off most brand name shoes, including sale and clearance items
- Payless ShoeSource: 10 percent off regularly priced shoes and accessories
- Sylvan Learning : 50 percent off Sylvan Skills Assessment,15 percent off tuition of a Sylvan program and one month free subscription to SylvanMathPrep.com
- LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Sears Optical, Target Optical: members receive 30 percent off complete pairs of eyewear, sunglasses and accessories
Additionally, Show Your Card & Save discounts are available at popular outlets including Tanger Outlet Centers
Outlet Stores. AAA members can find even more savings by visiting AAA.com/specialoffers
including five percent off and free shipping for online orders more than $50 at OfficeMax.com and 15 percent off online orders more than $100 at Kohls.com.
for details and a full list of offers. AAA members can easily find their way to savings by downloading the AAA Discounts app, available for iPhone and Android compatible devices. The free, GPS-based “app” displays retail locations of AAA Show Your Card & Save partners near user locations.