With back-to-school shopping season getting into full swing, the Automobile Club of Southern California is reminding families that they can save on student supplies, clothing and even tutoring expenses with their AAA card.
Families with children in grades K-12 will spend an average of $688.62 on apparel, school supplies and electronics, according to the National Retail Federation. AAA members shopping with Show Your Card & Save® merchants can save on everything from crayons to dorm room décor, as well as laptops, clothing and prescription eye glasses.
“Prepping for the new school year can put a strain on household budgets,” said Jon Carlew, the Auto Club’s program manager for AAA Discounts. “AAA wants to remind members that the same card in their wallet that offers the security of roadside assistance can lead to substantial savings on everything needed for a successful academic year.”
AAA members can save on back-to-school shopping at many retailers including:
- DELL®: Up to 10, 20, 30 percent or more on select items
- New York & Company: 15 percent off regular priced clothing
- Sprint: 10 percent off monthly service plan and waived activation fee on all new line activations on select plans.
- Target.com: $10 off online purchase of $100 or more
- Payless ShoeSource®: 10 percent off regularly priced shoes and accessories
- Reebok: 20 percent off with free shipping to U.S. addresses when shopping online at AAA.com/reebok
- Sylvan Learning : 50 percent off Sylvan Skills Assessment,15 percent off tuition of a Sylvan program and one month free subscription to SylvanMathPrep.com
- LensCrafters®, Pearle Vision®, Sears Optical®, Target Optical®: members receive 30 percent off complete pairs of eyewear, sunglasses and accessories
Additionally, Show Your Card & Save discounts are available at popular outlets including Tanger Outlet Centers®, Reebok® and Rockport® Outlet Stores, Gap Outlet and Banana Republic Factory Outlet Stores. AAA members can find even more savings from brands like K-Mart, Office Max, Shoes.com and more when they visit AAA.com/discounts.
Visit AAA.com/discounts for details, a full listing of offers and restrictions. AAA members can easily find their way to savings by downloading the AAA Mobile app, available for iPhone and Android compatible devices. The free, GPS-based “app” displays retail locations of AAA Show Your Card & Save partners near user locations.
Last year, members saved more than $1.5 billion by taking advantage of AAA/CAA discounts including those available through the Show Your Card & Save® program for an average member savings of $102. AAA’s Show Your Card & Save program is one of the largest member discount programs in the world offering more than 164,000 locations for savings worldwide including 110,000 retail locations in North America and popular online retailers. Visit AAA.com/discounts for a complete list of retailers and offers.