(LOS ANGELES, Aug. 12, 2008) - In one of the biggest additions to member benefits in recent history, the Automobile Club of Southern California's six-million-plus members can now receive identity theft monitoring at no additional charge with CreditCheck Select from Experian Consumer Direct.
"The Auto Club's new strategic partnership with Experian Consumer Direct will enable our members - who make up more than half of the households in Southern California - to help guard against identity fraud by taking advantage of this valuable new member benefit," said Wendy Sabins, the Auto Club's senior vice president for marketing products and services.
According to a Federal Trade Commission survey, 8.3 million American adults were victims of identity theft in 2005.
"Identity theft can strike whether our members are on the road or at home, and Experian Consumer Direct's CreditCheck Select will enable members to stay informed about changes in their credit report that could be the result of fraudulent activity," Sabins added.
Members must enroll on the Auto Club's Web site at
AAA.com/experian in order to take advantage of the new benefit.
"We're proud that the Automobile Club of Southern California has selected Experian Consumer Direct to provide this product to its widespread membership," said Westley Koenen, general manager Experian Consumer Direct. "The CreditCheck Select credit monitoring product will not only educate members about the overall health of their credit portfolio, but it will help keep members aware of changes in their Experian credit report that may be the result of identity theft."
Key features of CreditCheck Select include:
- Experian online credit report - Upon enrollment, members gain access to their Experian credit report, which is available online for 30 days.
- Credit monitoring - Daily monitoring of the member's Experian credit report.
- E-mail alerts - Members receive e-mail alerts regarding key changes in their Experian credit report and monthly "all clear" e-mails when no activity occurs.
- Fraud resolution support - Fraud resolution representatives are available to assist members.
- $10,000 identity theft insurance (AAA Premier members only) - Reimbursement for certain personal expenses and lost wages incurred as a result of an identity theft incident up to $10,000 provided by Virginia Surety Company, Inc..
Eligibility and enrollment
CreditCheck Select is a free benefit available to new and current primary and associate members (age 18 and older) of the Auto Club. Members can enroll in CreditCheck Select by visiting AAA.com/experian. Members who cancel their CreditCheck Select benefit are not eligible to re-enroll.
The Automobile Club of Southern California, the largest member of the AAA federation of motor clubs, has been serving Southern California since 1900. Today, the Auto Club's members benefits include roadside assistance, insurance products and services, travel agency, financial products, automotive pricing and buying programs, automotive testing and analysis, trip planning services and highway and transportation safety programs. Information about these products and services is available on the Auto Club's Web site at AAA.com
About Experian Consumer Direct
- Experian Consumer Direct is part of Experian Interactive and a market leader for online credit reports, scores and monitoring products delivered directly to consumers through Web sites such as www.FreeCreditReport.com and www.FamilySecure.com. Among its products, the business provides consumers with instant access to their credit report and credit score, plus credit monitoring products that monitor all three national credit reports daily and include fraud resolution assistance. Experian Consumer Direct has established integrated, co-branded partnerships with leading online financial destinations that provide consumers with a broad range of comprehensive online financial products and information essential to managing one's financial life. For more information, visit Experian Consumer Direct is a part of ConsumerInfo.com, Inc., an Experian company.
Experian is a global leader in providing information, analytical and marketing services to organizations and consumers to help manage the risk and reward of commercial and financial decisions.
Combining its unique information tools and deep understanding of individuals, markets and economies, Experian partners with organizations around the world to establish and strengthen customer relationships and provide their businesses with competitive advantage.
For consumers, Experian delivers critical information that enables them to make financial and purchasing decisions with greater control and confidence. Clients include organizations from financial services, retail and catalog, telecommunications, utilities, media, insurance, automotive, leisure, e-commerce, manufacturing, property and government sectors.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Experian has corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, and operational headquarters in Costa Mesa, Calif., and Nottingham, UK. Experian employs approximately 15,500 people in 38 countries worldwide, supporting clients in more than 65 countries around the world. Continuing sales for the year ended March 31, 2008, were in excess of $4 billion.
For more information, visit Experian plc's Web site on www.experiangroup.com
"Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.