(LOS ANGELES, June 15, 2006) – The Automobile Club of Southern California’s laminated guide map of San Francisco highlights 50 of the best attractions, dining establishments, points of interest, shopping and walking tours that the City by the Bay offers to weekend and summer vacation travelers.
The laminated map titled “San Francisco GreatestHits™” is now available at Auto Club offices and offers visitors:
- Full-color photos to illustrate the top 50 sites listed on the map.
- A user-friendly guide that’s easy to carry.
- Short and snappy descriptions of top attractions, tours, dining, night-life and shopping. El Mansour, number 39 on the Auto Club’s “best of” list, offers a billowy tent-like ceiling, green and burgundy velvet walls, and inlaid wood tables where dinner is eaten in traditional Moroccan style — virtually entirely with your fingers — while belly dancers perform nearby.
- Overview map and downtown San Francisco map with cable car lines and points of interest.
- Easy-to-understand transit information about the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART).
- Special walking tours section provides information on the city’s various guided tours. There’s even a campy two-hour nighttime Vampire Tour, let by “vampress” Mina Harker.
“Our map of the City by the Bay offers the top things to see and do in San Francisco, a city that has made a big impact on our popular culture from the Gold Rush era to today,” said Auto Club Editorial Director, John Austerman. “We also recommend dining alfresco on the waterfront, spending a day at the ballpark, or a night at the opera, taking at least one of the city’s guided walking tours, in addition to catching a ride on a cable car.”
The map is $4.95 for Auto Club members and $8.95 for the public. Other titles include Alaska Inside Passage, California Highway 1, Orlando, Route 66, Santa Fe & Taos, and Washington, D.C.
The Automobile Club of Southern California, the largest AAA affiliate, has served members since 1900. Today, Auto Club members benefit by the organization’s roadside assistance, financial products, travel agency and trip planning services, highway and transportation safety programs, insurance products and services and automotive buying programs. Information about these products and services is available at www.aaa.com.