(Los Angeles, Feb. 2, 2005) — The Automobile Club of Southern California's lifestyle magazine, Westways, is helping cupid along this month by suggesting eight great places to pop the question.
In the current issue, Westways lists varied locations for romantic proposals from asking while airborne on the Ferris wheel at Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier to requesting her hand in marriage in a digital message on the racing board at Santa Anita Park.
Westways suggests the following eight great places to make a marriage proposal:
- Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica. "? Head over to the Ferris wheel, where, if you've phoned ahead, the handler will keep you airborne for those extra proposal minutes."
- Saddle Peak Lodge, Calabasas. "Pop the question in front of the perennially roaring fire, in between duck confit salad and buffalo tartar."
- Polo Lounge, Beverly Hills. "Request a guitar serenade and order champagne for the toast you'll make when your beloved says 'yes.'"
- Miramonte Resort & Spa, Indian Wells. "Calm your nerves with a couples massage at the Tuscany-inspired spa, a round of golf, or wine flights at The Vineyard Lounge ? That's amore."
- SeaWorld San Diego. "Arrange a feast with SeaWorld's biggest Prince Charming, Shamu ? Eat at a buffet-style lunch at a reserved table adjacent to his seven-million-gallon tank."
- Santa Anita Park, Pasadena. "Nothing beats seeing your name attached to a marriage proposal splashed across the digital racing board in front of thousands of cheering fans."
- Paradise Point Resort & Spa, San Diego "Request the 'Bonfire in Paradise' upon check-in at this hotel ?You'll get a basket filled with everything you need, including fixings for s'mores, for your sweet proposal."
- Viceroy Santa Monica. "Rent a cabana and enjoy this hip hotel's beachy atmosphere without a seat-full of sand. Order a picnic and start living happily ever after."
More detailed information about the eight places is available in the January/February issue of Westways magazine. The Automobile Club of Southern California, the largest AAA affiliate, has been serving members since 1900. Today, the Auto Club's members benefit by the organization's roadside assistance service, insurance products and services, travel agency, financial products, automotive pricing, buying and financing, automotive testing and analysis, trip planning services, and highway and transportation safety programs. Information about these products and services is available on the Auto Club's web site at www.aaa-calif.com.